Friday, November 23, 2007

New York state of mind...

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! A great day for chilling out and trying to recover from the 50+ kms we've walked since we got here on Friday.

What a city! I love this place! I can't really describe it without a bevy of worn cliches, rather I will just generally enthuse. So far the list is pretty standard - Statue of Liberty, Staten Island ferry, Alphabet City, Katz's and Tiffany's... but it's more about the feel of the place, the atmosphere. Makes Sydney feel like Yass with a nice harbour and way too much pretension...



This is from when I was doing my King Kong impression... It was incredibly cold up there, and rather windy, but what a view! I wish I could do a 360 photo or something, cos this don't do it justice.



I love Central Park! It's so massive! Incredible that wedged in between such a bustling noisy metropolis, this serene, beautiful place could exist, and on such a scale! And it makes for such nice photos...
It's easy when you have a great location and an ever better subject!



Rockefeller Centre... wish I was there...

Anyways suffice to say, believe the hype, everyone IS your friend in New York City, and it's pretty hard to beat.

Seeya!

1 comment:

Gledwood said...

I was wondering what you were talking about "thanksgiving" then saying you lived in Australia... then picturing a very American looking New Yorky town... wow! What a picture!

I will give your blog a shout on mine tonight... I always give great blogs of the day a shout on mine...

all the best to you

from

Gledwood
"Vol 2"...
;->...